- A.Why white jars?
The whiteness of the jars can help you to identify the transparency of the glaze more effectively.
- B.Where can I buy them?
Beauty supply stores, grocery stores, pharmacies, on-line (yes, on-line) check for expensive food items at the grocery store that are in small glass jars
- C.What types of jars can I use?
- Plastic vitamin bottles are usually white
- Small baby food jars are perfect – spray paint the OUTSIDE of the jar white
- Beauty supply stores carry a variety of white jars
- Glass spice bottles – spray paint the OUTSIDE of the jar white
- DO NOT use small white plastic cups if you want to save the glaze
- Turpentine – odorless turpenoid or turpentine as more environmentally safe
- Medium – Stick with the same medium formula for each painting. Do not intermix mediums between layers.
- Paper Towels
- Paint – transparent colors
- Sable brushes or white soft bristle brushes. Soft brushes work the very best and provide a more even appearance.
- Lay out your colors in advance. It is always to your advantage to have a clear understanding of your color scheme. This will help you to save time and avoid errors.